ACRYFIN® Installation Procedures
Below are the step-by-step instructions for the installation and application of ACRYFIN® Acrylic Polymer Coatings.
COOL WEATHER (40°-70° F)
- Apply primer to clean, dry wood and let sit until no tackiness. (Usually 30 – 40 minutes). In 5 gallon bucket mix 1 gallon of Sherwin Williams Super Deck Solid Stain (other brands or types of Acrylic solid stain can be used but we recommend this one) with 1 gallon of Acryfin® resin with a high speed paddle bit mixer. After a few seconds of mixing the stain and resin, continue mixing and add one 12lb bag of aggregate at a moderately slow rate. After all aggregate has been added to stain and resin, continue mixing for 30 seconds or more until smooth. Let sit for about 1 minute then continue mixing for another 30 seconds. Make sure that all white particles are mixed in including sides of bucket. The mixture should be nice, thin and easy to apply.
- Cut in using brushes or rollers. When ready to apply to main area, use ¾” nap roller covers( thicker nap roller covers should be used when dealing with really rough surfaces or boards that are spread further apart).Make sure all voids and cracks are filled with roller or brush with the first coat.
- After the first coat is dry to touch, apply second coat using same method as first coat(coverage should be greater on the second coat).
- Once second coat dries enough to walk on apply Acryfin Clear UV sealer for added uv protection and stain resistance. Apply with small nap roller (1/4 or 3/8 in.). Do not apply thick. 1 gallon should cover 400 sq ft or more.
- The full curing time will be 3-4 days. Keep furniture, pets, plants, etc off until completely cured.
WARM WEATHER (70°-90° F)
- Apply primer and mixing instructions as above. After first coat of Acryfin® has been applied, make sure the substrate is not too hot to apply second coat. This will occur if when applying the second coat you will see the product not bonding to the first coat in a smooth, easy manner. If this occurs, let the substrate cool (possibly overnight) and then apply second coat and clear coat sealer as outlined above.
- The curing time should be 4-7 days. Keep furniture, pets, plants, etc off until completely cured
- Apply primer to clean, dry concrete area. Allow to dry for 4 or 5 hours until completely dry and not tacky. If it is a slick surface, first etch with muratic acid, pressure wash, let dry and apply primer and let sit overnight.
- Apply the coating as above using 3/8” to ½” nap roller covers. Thin layers are what is desired to acheive thick coating to surface. Let first coat dry to the touch and then apply second coat and clear coat uv sealer as outlined above.
- Curing time should be 4 to 7 days depending on heat and humidity. The hotter the weather the longer the curing time.
Please call 843 514 4499 or 772 631 3899 for any assistance before getting started.